Creating a New Timesheet
Creating a New Timesheet
There three ways to create a new Timesheet form within ArkCase FOIA. One way is from the Global New button next to the ArkCase FOIA logo in the top left of the webpage. The second way is click on the Time Table on a Request. The third way is by clicking the New timesheet button from within the Cost Tracking module.
From the Global New menu button.
1. On the page banner, click the Global New button .
2. Select the Timesheet button from the menu and a blank expense form will open.
From the Time Table in the Request module
1. Click the Time Table on one of the request and click the sign and populate the timesheet.
From the Time Tracking module
1. Click the New Timesheet button located above the expense details to open a blank expense form.
2. A new Timesheet form will open after selecting one of the two options to create a new timesheet.
3. In the time entry grid of the form, select the type from the dropdown list.
4. Open the Charge Code dropdown list and select an associated code.
5. To add lines to the form, click the button at the line you want to add on after. A new entry line is created.
6. Log in the hours in the columns identified for each day. ArkCase automatically calculates totals by day and by code.
7. To associate an approver (or approvers), select a name from the Approver list. At least one approver must be assigned to the time sheet when you submit it.
8. To add approvers, click the button and select a name from the Approver list.
9. To remove an approver from the form, click the button.
10. Click to update the form. The button changes to read Please wait and closes the form when the save completes.
11. To close the form without saving updates, click .
Saving a Timesheet
1. During the process of completing the Timesheet, you can save at any time by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the Timesheet.
Note: You can cancel anytime while creating a Timesheet.
Sending a Timesheet for Approval
1. From the Timesheet select and approver and click Send for Approval once you have completed all the required field in the Timesheet.
Note: If a submitted Timesheet requires change or additional information, the approver returns it to the owner. As the owner, you receive a Rework Timesheet task that includes a copy of the Timesheet and describes the rework required.
Approving an Timesheet
When the owner sends an Timesheet for approval, the approver(s) selected on the form receives a Review Timesheet task. The task includes a due date for completion.
1. Open the task from your dashboard (My Tasks widget) or from the Tasks module.
2. Review the Timesheet.
- To only view the form, click the title (.PDF document) in the Documents Under Review. The Timesheet opens in a new window.
- To make changes, click Edit Timesheet on the Documents Under Review section title bar. The Timesheet opens in a new window. Click Save to retain updates to the expense form. Use Cancel to close without saving.
3. Make any updates to the task. For example:
- Add comments or descriptions in the Task Details or Notes (Use the Task Details space when you need rich text options such as formatting text and inserting links and a variety of file types.)
- Associate files to the task. The Attachments (Documents) section is a Windows Explorer-like tree view structure in which you can upload files from your desktop and share drives, and create folders.
4. To approve the Timesheet, click the Approve Timesheet button located in the Summary space of the task page.