Performing an Advanced Search on Tags
Create the Search Request
1. Enter criteria in either the Search box in Tags module. Among the criteria, advanced searching can include:
- Words and phrases
- Wild card * at beginning, end, or within word or number
- Use of AND to include the entries before and after
- Use of parentheses to return only results with the words as indicated
2. Click the button in the Search box in the Tags module.
Note: A set of facets (filters), based on the search results are displayed in the Browse Panel, while the search results displayed in the Detail Frame.
Note: Your local ArkCase FOIA configuration will determine the column titles and the naming format of the searches result.
Results Page Elements
Name is the system-assigned name of the item that meets the search criteria.
Type identifies each item, for example as a request, task, or file.
Title is created for new items, for example a new request; tasks generated by actions that are linked requests display the system-generated title.
Parent is the request to which the task or document is associated.
Assignee assignee of the request, task, document, etc.
Modified is the date on which the latest action occurred.
Narrowing Search Results by Facets
Narrowing the Search Results by Facets
Along with the search results, a set of corresponding facets displays in the Browse Panel. Facets are like filters. Use one or more facets to narrow the number of results that display.
1. Perform an advanced search using either search box.
2. Select or clear the facet check box(s) to create a filter. The results will modify as you make the selections.
Note: The facets available vary by the search results and by the previous filter. Each facet shows the number of results that correspond to that filter.
Collapsing Facets, Sorting, and Hiding Columns
1. To collapse the facet list, click the collapse button above the Browse Panel above the heading. This will collapse the facet list to the left. To expand the list, select the button again.
Columns can be sorted in ascending and descending order based off your preferences. The sort option can also be removed to set the columns order back to default
1. To reorder the list of results, click the drop-down arrow in the column heading, and select a sort action. The list will sort in ascending or descending order of the selected column.
- You can also sort by clicking the column title bar to toggle through the sort options.
After sorting the list, you can continue to sort based on additional columns.
2. To sort on multiple columns, start by click the drop-down arrow in the column heading and sort your primary column.
3. Choose another column, click the drop-down arrow and sort that column.
Note: You can sort on as many additional columns as you would like. Columns will be displayed with the number of the order that you added additional columns.
1. To hide a column from the displayed results, click the drop-down arrow in the column heading and select .
1. Search results can be exported into an Excel file (default) by clicking the button in the top right corner of the search results in the Search module.
Exported Search Results
Hyperlink to Request
Within the search results, you can use hyperlinks to view specific requests, tasks, and documents that you have found while searching.
1. In the search results, find a request, task, or document and select the blue, hyperlinked name or title.
2. By selecting a Request’s name or title, a new window will open displaying the Request module and the selected request.