ArkCase FOIA is a collection of individual and integrated modules designed for managing the FOIA request process. The module names you see may be different than those in the list shown below. Your organization can configure the OOTB module labels to match your business terminology.
The Navigation frame is the list of the OOTB ArkCase modules. Your organization may not use all of them, and can configure those it uses and what roles (RBAC) have access to each module. Local configuration also determines access permissions–not all team members can view and modify all request-related files in progress.
The modules are integrated and connected by hyperlinks throughout the ArkCase application. Starting with newly created requests, a business workflow moves requests through the release phases—from intake to release. Tasks get associated to the request, as do people, organizations, documents, time, costs, and calendar events. Online action—review, fulfill, approval, and disposition—automatically updates status and triggers the pre-defined business process that moves the item to the next person or next queue step in the overall workflow. Search and audit read all data stored in the system and return only results that the user has permission to access. All the other modules (People, Organizations, Documents, My Documents, Reports, Notifications, Subscriptions, Tags, Time Tracking, Cost Tracking, and Admin) allow the user to leverage application functionality that will help with many different aspects of their day to day workload.
ArkCase FOIA Modules:
- This is your landing page—it's the first page that opens when you log in. Status information is consolidated into widgets that show status of requests and tasks.
- This module provides the ability to configure a queue based workflow around specific states. Meaning the queue workflows can be configured to jump to multiple different steps (queues) in the overall workflow from any of the different queues.
- This module provides an efficient way to collect and track request information, review, fulfill, approve, and release requests—all part of a seamless, integrated process.
- This module provides task functionality that allows both manual and automated creation per workflow process rules. Tasks can be completed by participants, assignees, reviewers and approvers. New Tasks are identified by actions throughout the phases of a request.
- The People module manages your organizations contacts that are connected to the request through all the phases. ArkCase FOIA provides an intuitive mechanism to manage the people associated with your FOIA solution.
- This module manages your organization contacts. ArkCase FOIA provides an intuitive mechanism to manage the organizations associated with your FOIA solution.
- This module provides users the ability to create new repositories to store documents that are not related directly to requests or other objects in the system.
- My Documents
- The My Documents module is exactly like the Documents Module, except it allows the user that is logged in to maintain their personal document repositories without sharing access with any other users.
- This module has an advanced Search that surveys all request-related content that you have permissions to see (requests, tasks, documents, people, organizations, etc.). You can create very specific searches by entering words, phrases, and exact phrases in the Search free-form text box. The results can be narrowed by search facets.
- This module makes available a set of parameters from which to define reports and retrieve information from the application in table form, pie charts, etc. ArkCase FOIA provides all DOJ specific reports OOTB.
- The Notifications module is a collection of all notification events that ArkCase creates when you are assigned or unassigned request, task, person, organization, etc.
- The Subscriptions module is a collection of every event—action—that is taken on a request, task, person, organization, etc.
- The Tags module enriches your information for future discovery. The Tags module allows users to add tags to requests, documents, tasks, etc. to categorize and enrich information. Users can search using the Tags module and filter results to discover information stored in the application.
- Time Tracking
- The Time Tracking module provides the capability to track all time associated to each request you are working.
- Cost Tracking
- The Cost Tracking module provides the capability to track all expenses associated to each request you are working.
- The Audit module provides users the ability to view all activity (events) occurring on requests, tasks, person, organizations, etc. in the application.
- The Administration module provides users the ability to configure application settings throughout the application. The module is the central location for configuring ArkCase FOIA to fit your business requirements and terminology.