The different components are certified for Java 8, or compatible with Java 8.
- Alfresco 5.0.1 is certified for Java 8. The Alfresco installer installs Java 8 inside Alfresco’s own folder structure, so you do not need to install Java before installing Alfresco.
- Pentaho 8 is certified for Java 8. You will need a Java 8 JDK to install Pentaho.
- Frevvo 6.3 is compatible with Java 8. You will need a Java 8 JDK to install Frevvo.
- Solr 4.8.1, 5.x, and 7.2.1 are compatible with Java 8. You will need a Java 8 JDK to install Solr.
- Snowbound is compatible with Java 8. You will need a Java 8 JDK to install Solr.
- ArkCase webapp requires Java 8.
Summary: Only Java 8 is required.
ArkCase allows the UI to be changed by developers and partners, without modifying the ArkCase services webapp or the ArkCase user interface webapp. For this to happen, the user interface is assembled at deployment time from the user interface webapp and from any user interface extension jar files. This assembly is done via the Node Package Manager (npm); so Node.js must be installed, and the command ‘npm’ (Linux) or ‘npm.cmd’ (Windows) must be on the system path.
The Angular build tools use Git to retrieve some Angular modules. The command ‘git’ must be in the system path of the user who will run the ArkCase Tomcat process.
In theory any operating system with Java 8 JDKs will run ArkCase. Documentum, Alfresco, Pentaho, and Oracle both have official supported platform lists. ArkCase is developed and tested on Windows 7, Windows 8, CentOS 6.5, CentOS 6.6, and CentOS 7.0.
CPU, RAM and Disk Space
For demonstration, evaluation, and road show purposes, ArkCase requires modest resources.
- 2 CPU cores
- 8 GB RAM
- 50 GB disk space
The above numbers support typical development and test instances.
Performance testing and production sizing are beyond the scope of this guide.
Oracle does not work correctly on hosts where the host name includes a dash.
The ArkCase services webapp does not work correctly on hosts where the host name includes a dash or underscore.